Momma T’s would like to show thanks to all of our wonderful customers this year by playing a game she loved as a child.
Let’s play a little game of Tag!
There will be up to 100 winners, and the winners will receive FREE Momma T’s Soap!
- Like Momma T’s Page on facebook (“LIKE” the PAGE, liking this post won’t help).
- Tag a friend who would like free Momma T’s soap.
- When your tagged friend “Likes” Momma T’s Page, (again the PAGE, not the post) you will both become eligible for a free 2 oz. bar of Momma T’s Soap (of our choosing). I will reply to your message with the word winner when your friend is a confirmed Page Like.
- To Redeem: send an e-mail message to MommaTsoaps @ gmail .com (not a Facebook message or Facebook post) with the subject line, Tag winner. Include your name and mailing address in the body of your message and your prize will be sent your way!
Up to 100 people can win. Contest runs from November 4, 2015 through Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015, (or once we reach 100 winners). Feel free to tag as many people as you like to increase your chances of winning. Only one (1) bar will be awarded per person, per household. No Purchase necessary to win (No, you don’t even pay shipping).
Summertime Soaps and the Herbs that Make Them Great
By Tina Snow
- Peppermint- Peppermint has it all, it repels biting insects, cools burnt skin and soothes irritated and itchy skin rashes. Bugs just don’t like the odor produced by peppermint so for the most part they will leave you alone. The cooling action is due to the large quantities of menthol contained within the peppermint leaf this menthol triggers the cold-sensitive receptors in the skin giving your skin the feeling of being cool without actually lowering the skins temperature. According to The Illustrated encyclopedia of Essential Oils, peppermint oil is an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and analgesic. What that means is it can stop the itch of bug bites and dermatitis.
- Lemongrass- is another wonderful insect repellant and when you are out walking in the woods you need all the extra protection you can get to keep nature from making a meal out of you.
- Lemon Tea-Tree The fresh lemon scent of this soap cools you while the effective natural anti-microbial properties of the tea-tree will help sooth itchy skin and feet that may be infected with funguses in the hot, high-humidly summer season.
- Lavender- Has a lovely scent, and calming properties as well. It also repels mosquitos, this is evident in my garden where it grows. I never have a mosquito bother me if I am sitting near this wondrous plant
Any way you go, you can’t go wrong with an all-natural soap from Momma T!
By Tina Snow
How many times have you been in a public restroom and watched people splash a little water on their hands, and then touch the doorknob as they exit? I’ve seen it plenty of times and it turns out I’m not alone. According to research from Michigan State University, only five percent of people wash their hands properly. We Americans used to give the French a bad rap for not washing, now it’s most of the U.S. as well. Washing your hands properly is quicker than you think and your whole immune system will thank you.
How to wash your hands properly;
1. Wet your hands
2. Leave water running and apply soap to front and back of hands and up the wrist.
3. Rub your hands palms together, then palm over backs of your hands, then up your wrists. Sing your abc’s as you do this to ensure you are spending enough time (about 20 seconds) to do a proper job.
4. Rinse well, then dry hands. If in a public restroom, it is preferable to use air dryers, otherwise disposable towels are fine. At home, change the hand towel daily.
5. If you are using a public rest room, hold onto that paper-towel and use it to open that germ covered door. Not everyone washes as good as you just did! Then, BAM! 30 seconds and you’re out of there!
Natural Soaps that contain no additives or chemicals are your best choice, but when you can’t, such as in a public restroom, it’s better to use their soap than none at all. For a naturally anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral soap at home, try Momma t’s Lemon Tea Tree soaps. Your skin will thank you!